Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
strangepromenade
Style_council
strangeprome...

I have the interlock pencil skirt from American Apparel and I love the look of pencil skirts with a shirt tucked in, but anytime I try to do it I always have a problem with the outline of the shirt (that I have tucked into the skirt) showing through the skirt. I would like to just wear the skirt and be able to tuck in any shirt I want and still have the smooth body conscious-skirt-look that I am going for but I don’t know how. Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid the shirt outlines? How do you do it?
Thanks!
Alex

posted about 11 years ago
changology
Style_council
changology

you and everyone else with their mothers loves the interlock pencil skirt from american apparel with a light weight t-shirt tucked in phew

Goldenblue711
Style_council
Goldenblue711

You could also try one of their leotard tops

EverybodyIsUgly
Style_council
EverybodyIsUgly

Whether or not everyone and their mothers loves it wasn’t really the point…
To avoid the lines, I recommend wearing stockings and tucking the shirt into the stockings (not the most ‘chic’) but looks good from the outside.

rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

whenever i wear my interlock aa skirt with a shirt tucked inside i cant, well more like dont want….to eat/breathe. so yea, leotard top like goldenblue suggested. or maybe you can do the half tuck thing.

withmuchaplomb
Style_council
withmuchaplomb

What I do is kind of fold up the shirt up underneath itself and then just tuck a little bit in in the front and blouse it out. It looks like more of it is tucked it but there are no annoying bumps and such.

Style_council

#

Malinapoo
Style_council
Malinapoo

im kind of getting tired of that look. but its still hot!

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

i usually tuck the shirt then go from under the skirt and pull it down so its flat…or i wear booty shorts or tights or something and tuck the shirt into that.

posted about 8 years ago

PJstyles
Style_council
PJstyles

If you have a shirt you always want to wear tucked in – it isn’t too hard to cut it waist length and sew it to a pair of high waisted panties. You can even use some liquid stitch stuff if you aren’t too keen on handstitching or using a sewing machine.

posted about 8 years ago

MissEverything
Style_council
MissEverything

Leotard!

posted about 8 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

bodysuits help

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

bodycon skirts can still be shapely if they’re made of sturdier material than the ones at american apparel—you might try one from somewhere else. or try for a shorter shirt?

posted about 8 years ago

helloimgabs
New_user helloimgabs is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When helloimgabs reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
helloimgabs

have you tried wearing it with a tanktop or a leotard underneath and leaving the shirt untucked?

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password