Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

Im debating buying a great pair of vintage cowboy boots. Debating because of the price :/ But i hardly see anybody wearing them these days. So i was just curious

whats your opinion of them?

have any? why not?

think its worth the expensive price?

whered you get yours?

posted about 9 years ago
PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

i got my pair off of ebay for $20 bucks, had them for three years now. I love them! However, they are pretty worn and thus not the most comfortable shoes, but padding helps

posted about 9 years ago

thenameslola
Style_council
thenameslola

They’re really cute. I want a pair…maybe in black or chestnut

posted about 9 years ago

kia
Style_council
kia

My sister got a pair last year from jcpenney for her taylor swift concert outfit, paired with a denim jacked and floral print dress. I know they still have cowboy boot-inspired boots there this season.

I personally don’t wear them, they don’t fit in well with what I wear.

posted about 9 years ago

Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

good to know:)

posted about 9 years ago

BirchandMahogany
Style_council
BirchandMaho...

I really like cowboy boots. I feel as though they’re a bit of a wardrobe staple; I don’t think they’re ever going to be OUT of style, per say, and I always think you’ll see people wearing them.

That having been said, I have a really hard time styling mine! I have one pair, and they’re black and mid calf (ironically, I wore them in my last outfit post).

I think I got mine for 20-25$. They’re not vintage; I got them from TJMaxx. They’re some offshoot of Steve Madden, and they’re not too bad as far as comfort goes.

Since you can get them fairly cheaply from a bunch of places (walmart, target, jcpenny, kohles, and a bunch of shoe stores have all carried them), I’d suggest maybe investing in a cheaper pair that you can test drive. If you wear them a lot and they mesh with your style, go for a nicer pair! But if you’re looking at a specific vintage pair, that might not work because they could sell, so if you love them and can think of more than three outfits you’ll wear ’em with, go for it!!

posted about 9 years ago

jellybeanbarbie
Style_council
jellybeanbarbie

cowboy boots are just a good pair of shoes to have in your closet. i bought a pair from skechers purple label last year because they were on clearance never actually planning on wearing them, but i wore them so much the sole’s ruined. so i say go for it :)

posted about 9 years ago

Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

thanks! thinking of testing out a cheap pair first.

posted about 9 years ago

Odette11
Style_council
Odette11

I bought a pair of baby pink cowboy boots from a thrift store for $14. They had never been worn, they just didn’t sell at Target, so they were sent to the thrift store. I bought them for the Taylor Swift concert last fall, and I have only worn them once since then.

I really do like them though, thanks for posting a forum about cowboy boots so now I remember to wear mine (:

posted about 9 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

As a person who grew up in cowboy boots, I don’t think they can be comfortable. I’m talking real cowboy boots like Tony Lama and Justin.

posted about 9 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

ahhh target!

i got a pair of tan, real suede cowboy boots from target for 20 bucks!

they’re perfect…but a half size too big ah, well, thick socks/ wool in the toes always works for me :)

posted about 9 years ago

EmployedPanache
Style_council
EmployedPanache

I’m looking for my first pair too! If you’re not sure, definitely go cheaper and then invest if you wear them a lot.

I don’t have a pair because… I don’t know why! I definitely think they are worth it, but again, go for more inexpensive if you’re not 100% sure you’ll like them. Try thrift stores, etsy, and ebay!

posted about 9 years ago

bigships
Style_council
bigships

I bought a pair at TJ Maxx a few years ago. STILL haven’t worn them. kind of forgot about them until now…just haven’t found an occasion to wear them. I think they’re definitely a classic, you just have to find a way to work them in :)

posted about 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

From what I hear, real cowboy boots are a bit of an investment and take quite a bit of time to break in. (But maybe the vintage pair will already be comfy?). However, they’re durable and last forever, and will not go out of style so long as they’re part of your style to begin with.

If you’re unsure, maybe you should get a cheap ready-to-wear pair to try out first. Try them out with your wardrobe and see if they fit well with your image. Personally I think they look really cute with boho and outdoorsy styles.

I keep wanting to try them out myself, but I haven’t yet. Weirdly, they are very popular in Japan at the moment. I keep seeing cute pairs in stores I want to try on, but I think it would be awkward to wear them as the only American in my town. (“Hello, everyone; allow me to reinforce the stereotypes you have about me!”). Maybe I’ll just take a pair home with me when I leave :-P

posted about 9 years ago

TupacTupacxo
Style_council
TupacTupacxo

i’d try a cheap pair first.. i bought cowboy boots at some points, expensive ones, but those were sooo uncomfortable. vintages boots could be awesome :)

posted about 9 years ago

lavenderprincess
Style_council
lavenderprin...

If you want some REAL and COMFORTABLE as hell boots… Ariat boots are the way to go! lol www.ariat.com
It’s an equestrian footwear/clothing retailer, and they are the best of the best even for us horseback riders! :) I’ve had mine for over and year and I love them TO DEATH. lol!

posted about 9 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

i love mine. i wear them with everything

posted almost 9 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I just bought a pair of red cowboy boots today. they aren’t vintage. I live in ARgentina and I don’t see many people wearing cowboy boots but I used to live in Texas for many years so I feel like they are a part of my identity so I don’t care if no one else wears them.

posted almost 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password