Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

I am new to Chictopia and I NEED HELP! I don’t have a bad style but I am trying to improve my style and stay on top of fashion and such. I am curvaceous, some may say hour glass… I am not so sure. I have nice big booty (lol), big chest and a little gut… that i am working on… and i have thick thighs… HELP ME. I want to know where to shop and how to put things together for back to school. I want to know what would look good on me… and would not. HELP

posted about 9 years ago
Azadeh4Freedom
Style_council
Azadeh4Freedom

Hey I don’t know if this will help much but theres a website I found that tells you what clothes to avoid and what clothes to attack(so to speak) based on your body
example:big hips should go for aline skirts, big chest should have a darker colored solid on top and a lighter colored even patterened pant/skirt/bathing suit.
Hope it doesnt just repeat what you probably already know=]
Heres the link:

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/figure_flatterer

posted about 9 years ago

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

THANK YOU!!!!!

posted about 9 years ago

urbanista911
Style_council
urbanista911

pencil skirts help tone out your curves.

posted about 9 years ago

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

Thanks!

posted about 9 years ago

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

Avoid short tops and sleeves! Especially puffy ones! And those that are baggy or unstructured – they’ll only end up adding weight at the wrong places :))

posted about 9 years ago

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

And, welcome to chictopia too! I’m sure you’ll love it here :))

Love,
http://artyaffair.blogspot.com

posted about 9 years ago

iWasJess
Style_council
iWasJess

i have a similar problem! i have a small waist but big hips/thighs and chest I want to wear the slouchy look like the waterfall cardigans, dolman/one shoulder tops but i dont want to look frumpy/fat. what can i do?

posted about 9 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

seventeen magazine sometimes does segments about different types of clothes for all body types, so i decided to pull out my copy and some of their suggestions were:

high-waist skirt can emphasize your small waist.
also dresses that have that high-waist and a fuller skirt on the bottom it’s flattering, also balances out the curves.

trying lots of different styles when your out shopping can help you see which styles show off your body. :)

posted about 9 years ago

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

THANKS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted about 9 years ago

anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

I have a pear shaped body meaning all my weight ends up at my things. I’m short (5" 2’) and a size 6 in AE jeans and I have boobs (34C) so I understand how hard it is to fashionable with a curvy body.

Flowy high waisted skirts help me hide my large highs.
Jackets and Blazers that end at hip look good too.

posted about 9 years ago

IndubitablySophi
Style_council
IndubitablyS...

I have a pear shaped body, too. I suggest staying away from dresses and high waisted skirts that are form-fitting, wear tights, wear longer shirts, and flowy skirts. :) Good luck.

posted about 9 years ago

alyshamari
Style_council
alyshamari

I’m pretty curvy as well, and the things I find most flattering with my big hips are pencil skirts, which take advantage of the fact that you can fill them out, and also shirts that float away from the body.

posted about 9 years ago

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME

ANOTHER THING:I am going to Hard NYC and I want to know what is good night wear. Something with wedges b/c I don’t wanna wear heels to a standing concert.

Any suggestions?

posted about 9 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

wear some cute flats ! :D

posted about 9 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

I have a big booty, too, but a very tiny waist. I tend to wear skirts and dresses that are A-line or flowy at the bottom and tight in my chest. However, you also said you are large chested. :P For bottoms I also like black…it tones down my bottom half. Shorts are good, but the knee-length is the best and most flattering.

posted about 9 years ago

runawaylover
Style_council
runawaylover

So, I also am a larger figured girl, and love pencil skirts and dresses with a pencil skirt. The problem is that but for the extremely rare exception, it bags like mad around my midriff when it fits me around the hips and butt. And I find that the stretchy, man-made materials kind (that solve this problem) just look cheap and ill-fitting on me. Any suggestions on a brand to check out that has a solution?

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password