Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AmyK
Style_council
AmyK

No matter how many jeans I try on none of them seem to work for my body type. I’m short, an astounding 5 feet 3 inches and I have an athletic build and by that I mean the muscular thighs that come with running. Does anyone have any suggestions on what style of jeans would be flattering?

posted almost 11 years ago
Angmarwil
Style_council
Angmarwil

I know that Paige Premium Denim makes a petite line…maybe JBrand? Check shopbop, they have a great jean tutorial!!

Angmarwil
Style_council
Angmarwil

here is a link to their petite jeans:
http://www.shopbop.com/denim-jeans-petite/br/v=1/2534374302070326.htm?baseIndex=0&fm=browse-category-shopbysize

aliwishesbear
Style_council
aliwishesbear

I have the same build…I run too. And I’m the same height. I like Paige Laurel Canyon, 7 for All Mankind A Pockets. William Rast Low Rise Savoy. If you have a narrow waist compared to your thighs and hips I’d avoid R&R. They are cut narrow in the thigh but big in the waist.
In terms of style…the bootcut jean is universally flattering. All the ones I mentioned are bootcut.
Also if you want cheaper alternatives I would check out Pacsun which has different inseams and Express. The denim’s not as soft but the cut’s pretty good.
I’ve never bought petite designer jeans. They’re all too short to wear with heels. I’d rather buy the regular and have them hemmed with the original.

Nikki
Style_council
Nikki

I actually work for a major denim company, hehe.
Don’t be fooled by a “petite” fit as most designer jeans that have to be hemmed have a pretty high knee break anyways. Try them on to make sure and see that the knee break matches your knee.
As for your shape, no matter what brand you buy ALWAYS SIZE DOWN. This cannot be stressed enough. Denim is like linen… it just grows and stretches out and I’m pretty sure everyone on here is too young to have a saggy tush and extra fabric wrinkles wrapping their thighs, gross!
Buy the smallest size you can zip and button (fit them to your tiny waist, try stretchier materials if you have to), make sure the front is PERFECTLY smooth and taut with no extra fabric or wrinkles.
Turn to the side and make sure that your bottom is cupped and that you’ve got an awesome shape.
Check your rear end. If the fabric is pulling because it’s so tight across your thighs, that’s good. That means that after sitting/walking/climbing stairs/living, the back of your legs will be perfectly smooth.
I’ve been meaning to make a denim buying tutorial for my blog… just been too lazy and camera shy lately.
ALSO- decide what kind of shoes you want to wear and choose a leg cut based on that. Skinny/straight gives you the most versatile wear since the jeans won’t ever fall over your shoe (meaning, you can wear with flats or heels) and a skinny can tuck into a boot. Though if you always wear heels or always wear flats, the wide leg and bellbottom are back :)

cicilola
Style_council
cicilola

I think I’m like you. I run and I’m 5’4. My favorite jeans are Gap… the ankle length fits my legs perfectly without any alterations. Try the curvy fit.

theradiatorhums
Style_council
theradiatorhums

so, as a barely 5 feet girl i feel your problem (to top it off, i have short legs for my body :/ )
i have searched EVERYWHERE for pants that do not have 5 or more extra inches on the bottom, and fit my lovely butt and thighs, without making me feel like i should butter myself up to squeeze in.
express jeans do this so well for me, i still have an extra inch or two (i buy the ‘skinny cut’ so i can just fold them under if i dont want to get them hemmed), but they are roomy enough in the thighs and i dont have to work hard to squeeze my booty in them

theradiatorhums
Style_council
theradiatorhums

OH, and if you have an hourglass figure (or a small waist) i suggest high waisted jeans. wear them with some heels and your legs will look longer :)

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

As a corollary to Nikki’s comment bout sizing down, I would say that it depends. If it’s mostly cotton then yes, the fabric naturally stretches with wear and shrinks with wash; the net result is usually a gain in size, though. But if there’s a relatively high amount of stretch fabric in the blend or the material is treated (say with resin or a wax coating), then it may stretch differently or not at all.

merced
Style_council
merced

im 5’3” as well.
really the best thing to do, i think, is not limit yourself because of brand.
go to ‘tween’ and teen stores, not just adult stores. if you look, you’ll find some with no disgusting embellishment and will fit you amazingly.

klumsy33
Style_council
klumsy33

it’s really hard to find jeans for me as well because of my height and small waist. i really like citizens for humanity jeans, they fit better on shorter women than most jeans. i also love wearing skinny/straight jeans i find them easier on my height, i don’t always have to cuff my jeans. i’d also recommend a boot cut jean for someone with an athletic build. definitely think about tailoring your jeans too, they really do make a difference!

lauriana
New_user lauriana is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lauriana reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lauriana

I followed the mango jeans size chart and I got them in a size 6 , they feel kind of baggy, Im thinking Im maybe a 4 (Im always a 4 in AE jeans) but I dont know if they would be tight. I have almost 29 inch wait and 36 inch hips. Someone here who can tell me what I should do?

posted almost 7 years ago

nazlay
Style_council
nazlay

how bout some high wasited light wash jeans from american apperal

posted almost 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password