Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
NewLook24
Style_council
NewLook24

I was just wondering whats more important to you guys. Wearing what fits your body right or just wear whatever the hell you want :) ?!

posted over 10 years ago
kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

to me its whatever fits my body right. i have huge issues with that… if an outfit makes me look even .5lbs heavier than i am, i’m never wearing it again.

posted over 10 years ago

furrrampage
Style_council
furrrampage

wear what you feel comfortable in. out of all my friends i dress the most eccentric. no ones going to wear things that make you look like crap so simple answer wear what you want.

posted over 10 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

Wear what fits. The wrong fit is very unflattering and can bring an outfit down. Yes, this applies to oversized clothes too. :P

posted over 10 years ago

NicholasC
Style_council
NicholasC

i like to feel comfortable with the clothes i wear so i go with wear what fits. for oversized clothes, yes they may be comfortable but i havent found any that i can really pull it off.

posted over 10 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

Erm, i don’t see why it has to be a choice.

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I wear what I want. Obviously I won’t buy something that makes me look like absolute crap but if I really like something even though it makes me look short or a little bigger than I am I’m going to buy it anyway cause if I don’t I’ll regret passing up the opportunity of having something I really like.

posted over 10 years ago

BustownModern
Style_council
BustownModern

I myself tend to go for what fits. That being said, there are so many different fits, that you can usually find a way to make most of them work for your body.

You can do so many things to slightly alter the fit of a garment to make it work that possibilities are endless. Try adding a belt, removing the sleeves, shortening, unbuttoning etc until you can make the outfit work for you!

Also, find a GOOD seamstress who is willing to work with you often and for a fair price. We have one who works with our business but she also alters pieces for me – she’s taken in dresses and shirts and changed sleeves! Try putting up an ad on Craigslist. ;-)
posted over 10 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

both. i can’t have my love handles hanging out of something cute.

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m not SUPER picky about fit, though I do indeed like clothes that flatter my body for obvious reasons. I’m a little less hard on myself than most people I know in terms of appearance, so I don’t need to buy things that make me feel like a toothpick.

I like comfy, I like simple, I like things that can make me feel a little more confident. All important.

posted over 10 years ago

yourmess
Style_council
yourmess

@frenchieee hahahaha totally agreed

posted over 10 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

Oh my frenchieee, I totally feel the same. I love comfort but I do suffer with a couple pair of shoes.

posted over 10 years ago

ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

both, flattering pieces and what i want seem to go hand in hand lol. although there are many styles i go after that are not meant for my curvy frame but hey, you never know till you try =]

posted over 10 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

hmm… i think it’s important to have clothes that fit and compliment your body, clothes that fit well will probably be more flattering… but i also think its important to be able to wear whatever you want and to break the rules. i agree with splashofcolour, for example i wear bright stockings even though they highlight the fact that my calves are not thin, and i wear oversized tshirts/horizontal stripes even though i know that they make me look more top heavy and that other styles might suit me better. it’s all about confidence… :D

posted over 10 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Um, both. I wear things I like within the limits of what fits my body. If I try on a dress (for example) that I initially liked on the rack, but it looks awful on me, then I don’t really like it as much afterwards anyway. :P

posted over 10 years ago

GoXtina
Style_council
GoXtina

I wear what fits I guess. If I can’t pull off something, I won’t wear it.

posted over 10 years ago

Levity
Style_council
Levity

There’s a place for oversized and too-small clothing, but it’s hard to pull off unless you’re really really skinny.
Or if there’s a particular look you’re going for- if you’re going to put shoulderpads in a dress make sure it isn’t too fitted.
But most times, probably wear what fits.

posted over 10 years ago

lovebuzz_
Style_council
lovebuzz_

i live in cut up band tees as dresses or just dresses themselves. either way it’s always gotta be oversized for me.

posted over 10 years ago

Style_council

where what you want man!!
im forever buying shitty outtashape clothes
and just altering them on the sewingmachine
piece of piss!

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password