Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelier
Style_council
lovelier

I live and go to a university in Southern California so it rarely rains here which is why I am at a loss when it comes to outfits for the rain. We are expecting rain this week and I need some ideas of what to wear when I go to class since I’ll be walking around a lot and all that. Would it be wise to invest in some rain boots even if I live in socal? I can’t for the life of me remember what I wore to school the last time it rained here. Ideas please! especially on the shoe aspect of the outfit! thank you!

posted almost 10 years ago
alwaysinvogue7
Style_council
alwaysinvogue7

Girlie you better get your self some rain boots! I know they may seem a little out of style but they come in handy. I ca’nt even explain how much they’ve helped as I was walking through a down pour on my way to class:)

NewLook24
Style_council
NewLook24

I like a trench coat and an umbrella, with jeans (or tights) but something with a hood works of course :p.

I also usually wear flats (no open toed) but rain boots seem like a good idea.

jazzyhwang
Style_council
jazzyhwang

it’s raining today here in SoCal. So unexpected :( Today I’m wearing a knit hat, a trench coat, scarf, skinny jeans, white tee, and flats. Of course the white tee and flats weren’t wise choices, but it didn’t look like it was going to rain this morning when I was getting dressed. My flats are holding up just fine though, but if you are gonna wear flats, I would recommend something that it’s cotton/canvas, since the rain soaked thru my pair today.

PurpleHaze
Style_council
PurpleHaze

I live in Brussels=Rain City…So I just learned to live with it… I don’t know if you really need to invest in some rainboots… I don’t have any and here it rains daily. But maybe if you find some cute ones, or the Hunter ones are cool too. So I’d say, go for a skinny jeans and some converse or if you’re not into sneakers maybe some boots. But wearing ballerinas is suicide. You’ll end up with half of your pants wet! For the rest of the outfit, well whatever you like. I just end up wearing whatever I like. Dress, jeans or skirts. What I’d really recommend is getting some nice umbrellas. They’ve got loads at H&M for 4$ , so you can get more than one and just pair it with your outfit! It’s another fashion accesorie! I do it all the time ;)

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

Hahaha, I’m from NorCal and went to school in SoCal — Claremont, to be exact. I kept a trench and fun-colored rainboots in my closet for those rare rainy days, especially since some of my classes were clear across the campus, and my school was big on “natural scenery”, i.e. trees, flowers, and DIRT, which leads to MUD. My roommate thought I was nuts to have anything other than flipflops in my closet, but she was from Canada and I suppose she assumed California was forever sunny.

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

i walk a lot across campus, so i wear rain boots for bad weather, but i always bring a pair of shoes to change into when i get to class/work because rain boots have no breathability and my feet get hot!

Ninahhh
Style_council
Ninahhh

you dont know rain untill you live in seattle washington.

where it rains 100% of the time.

so in seattle we just wear hoodies.

you get used to the rain!

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

Rainboots are such a good idea. I typically wear a few layers: t-shirts; cardigan;jackets; hoodies; scarves; in case it’s raining hard.

Ashlove
Style_council
Ashlove

When it’s raining, I like to be stylish but lowkey and comfortable a la Kristen Stewart. Today it was raining ALL day so I wore a thermal long-sleeve shirt in a mauve color, a grey bomber jacket (lightweight), black skinnies, black sneakers, and a yellow beanie. I rolled the skinnies up so my ankles would show.

hotfudgexd
Style_council
hotfudgexd

I live in holland and it rains alll the time.
So i have my rain jacket and rain trousers ready.
exept i’d never wear them hahaha. i dunno i just wear a huge jumper with a jacket over,jeans, nice warm socks, a nice comfy hat and a huge scarf :)
oh and some lovley rain booties,

beadedintox
Style_council
beadedintox

it was pouring this morn so I stepped out in a pair of tall boots over ripped leggings, high waist shorts and a button down. ha.

my boots did allow me to step into puddles tho, which was great! but….i really want a pair of rain boots from target!!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password