Twitter
Googleplus
mine_
New_user mine_ is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When mine_ reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
mine_

hey! i just ordered this maxi skirt online! and i am still waiting for it but as i wait i want to know what to wear with it. I have never worn a maxi skirt before so i have no idea what to wear with it can you please help!

this is the maxi skirt that i ordered : http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/evening-skirts/lucy-maxi-skirt-with-belt/invt/azz69230/

posted over 7 years ago
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

oh woww! that’s such a cute fishtail skirt! They’re so trendy right now. would wear it with a blouse and some heels. Its perfect for work. For something a bit more trendy, check out this cool fishtail look here

posted over 7 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

That skirt is gorgeous! You can wear it with black, like the model is doing, or go for some colorblocking with a pale blue scoop neck top. That skirt will look good with anything!

posted over 7 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I love that skirt!!!

I would turn it into a full neon/bright color blocked outfit, and wear a pink fitted tee or tank with some strappy sandals/wedges. If full on brights aren’t your thing, a black tee would look just as nice but more subtle.

You really can wear pretty much any color with it, but watch your proportions and keep your top fitted and short sleeved/sleeveless, since there is so much fullness and fabric on bottom. You should also wear an open sandal with no ankle strap – show as much foot as you can, because anything that cuts it off will make it look like a club (imagine wedge ankle booties with it… not pretty).

Make sure to post some pictures when you get it!!! Looking forward to seeing how you style it :)

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I really like grey with that shade of blue. Fitted grey t-shirt and a moto jacket and you’ve got a great look!

If you wanna dress it up, you might try a blouse or top in a bright, contrasting color. Black heels wouldn’t hurt, either, and clutches look very sleek with maxi skirts.

posted over 7 years ago

mine_

10 points - Become a fan

mine_

thank you soo much for ideas ! i will try those ideas they all sound pretty :)

posted over 7 years ago

Appu
Style_council
Appu

While basic is a good option with this skirt, I’d suggest wearing a crop top, bustier or a halter top.
To go more into detail, I’d love to see that skirt with a white crop top with lace details, a printed bustier and a color block halter in a shade such as orange. Orange is pretty hot right now and looks great when worn with blue :)

posted over 7 years ago

fleursteff
Style_council
fleursteff

Aww adorable skirt! I’m a student and I don’t get to dress up a lot when I go out, so if I were you I’d probably throw a logo t-shrit and tuck it in, with a pair of glitter brogues with socks. (:

posted over 7 years ago

theprincessofla
New_user theprincessofla is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When theprincessofla reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
theprincessofla

thats a great blue skirt. I would wear a great white shirt with a graceful long necklace with it. I would also pair it with a great pair of wedges or heels. If your girly i’d paint my nails pink or if your feeling more bold go for a dark shade like black.

posted over 7 years ago

ameliajin
Style_council
ameliajin

I love that royal blue color!!! You could pair it with a black top (like the model) and some strappy black heels. Or, you could it with another solid color such as white. I think which ever color you pair the skirt with, the golden belt will tie the whole outfit together.

posted over 7 years ago

leeleee
Style_council
leeleee

Love that color! cute :) I definately think you could tuck in a cute tank. Look at forever 21 or H&M! The maxi skirt would look really chic if you tucked in a patterned tank top! xx

posted over 7 years ago

ShoveOn
Style_council
ShoveOn

You should try http://www.polyvore.com/?.msg=BQcCAAAAAQQDAAAABAopWW91IGhhdmUgYmVlbiBzaWduZWQgb3V0LiBDb21lIGJhY2sgc29vbi4AAAAHY29udGVudAoDbXNnAAAABHR5cGUKBDUwMDAAAAAIZHVyYXRpb24IgQAAAAlmYWRlX2F3YXk it’s a great website for people in your situation!! try it! x (i’d find a white shear blouse and tuck it in!) gorgeous skirt btw!

posted over 7 years ago

sofiabythesea
New_user sofiabythesea is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When sofiabythesea reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sofiabythesea

What a cute skirt! >.<
I’d say go for a black tank if you want a simple, classic look.
If you want something more bold, try to color block with a bright or neon color tank.
For an elegant look, a shimmery silver top would be lovely.
Hope I could help <3

posted over 7 years ago

kaizersoze
Style_council
kaizersoze

Black tank top or something dark.

posted over 7 years ago

mine_

10 points - Become a fan

mine_

thank you everyone for your amazing ideas, i did take a pic of me wearing it but i decided to wear it simple not sure what to wear as a shoe. high heels but what sort of?? and flat shoe ?? ideas plzz ! thank you. check my profile to see the image !

posted over 7 years ago

VanityGal
Style_council
VanityGal

try a jeffrey campbell platform they are awesome and look great with long skirts!

xo,

VG

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password