Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
trampchanneling
Style_council
trampchanneling

I know so many people wont agree with me here, and my friends have shot me down so many times over this …
but I really don’t like following all tiny little details of the lives of celebrities because more often than not, they don’t do anything to capture my interest and in reality, they’re just people who are constantly having their photograph taken.
So many celebs out there in a dream world dress fantastically but they have SO much money and it often just depresses me when I realise I can’t dress like that because I am a poor, poor student.
I’m not trying to sound bitter because I don’t live like they do, but they’re so far removed from what and who I am, they don’t really appeal to me. Does anyone else know what I mean?
Either that or I see the world in a veeerry strange way.
Please tell me your opinion x

posted almost 10 years ago
hopelesslydevoted
Style_council
hopelesslyde...

I know what you mean but I also think where you stand (as a poor, poor student) also influences you’re style. For me, having limitations allows me to be even more creative because I have a standard to work around. I end up trying things I never thought I would before (ie. wearing tights too big for me so they can look like the gathered tights from Chanel). Also, just being a student has its own look which many celebrities try to evoke but of course there clothes are way out of reach of a normal student. All the layers and jackets and sweaters and patterns all thrown together for the I-can-wear-half-my-closet-and-still-look-great totally embraces what a student kind of dresses like.

In many ways, its not WHAT you have, but HOW you use what you have.

It’s great that you don’t feel the need to compare yourself with these people any longer since many girls fall victim to that.

posted almost 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password