Twitter
Googleplus
tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

Does your family (or do you) approve of interrracial couples??

If not, why?
If so, why??

posted almost 9 years ago
tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

My family don’t
I do.

Theres so many different options out there. the right one for you might not be from the same place you are from. and i think that’s okay

sweetdion
Style_council
sweetdion

my boyfriend is white, and I am black…so yes.

Janie
Style_council
Janie

I agree with Miss Meggo, interracial babies are adorable. And I don’t say that because I myself am interracial (half black, half chinese). I also love interracial couples, I think they’re beautiful. I’ve never dated anyone my race, but I’ve dated some wonderful people. My boyfriend and I are on complete opposite ends of the color spectrum and we love the juxtaposition.

kat18
Style_council
kat18

I certainly approve of interracial relationships. I feel that people shouldn’t base love on race,because at the end of the day that’s not what’s it’s about. In my personal opinion, it’s on how that person makes you feel when your with them. Now I’m not gonna say that culture isn’t important because it is, but you can teach other about your different cultures. Also, I feel like people shouldn’t base their happiness and love on what their families think. Their opinions should be taken into consideration, but it’s what you think and what makes you happy that’s important. Personally I’m African American and I think Asian guys are really cute and my mom thinks that I’m gonna most likely marry outside my race. It’s not that I don’t think African American guys are attractive, on the contrary I think they are very handsome, I just feel like I’ll like whoever I like and be happy.

snow
Style_council
snow

Honestly it’s never been an issue to me. I’m mixed myself and race and ethnicity aren’t a criteria I would date or not date or love or not love someone based on.

LittleBirdie
Style_council
LittleBirdie

Today I met a guy who is a blogger and runs the site, http://iswirl.info/ – which is a blog that focuses on this very thing. very interesting if any of you would like to check it out!

My niece and nephew are mixed, and my immediate family is very supportive, and really don’t care about interracial dating. Love is Love, no matter color or gender. I do know it was very hard on my sister’s dad(we don’t have the same dad) and his side of the family, and she was actually disowned once they found out she was pregnant and the baby was going to be mixed. fast forward 13 years (malik, my nephew will be 14 in dec) Her dad finally came around and actually met his grandson for the first time. I am so glad that he is working hard to accepting and getting past his own prejudices to have a relationship with his grandchildren.

I think it is so sad that people harbor hate in their hearts about something that someone can not control, their heritage.

jenniferdawn
Style_council
jenniferdawn

Race has never been an issue for me when dating. It isn’t something I really consider when I find someone I like. It’s more about their personality than anything.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password