Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

I wish i could visit ANY museum/gallery! my town has a tiny museum the size of an average house and that’s it. I’ve been to a science museum twice and an art gallery once. D;

posted about 9 years ago
snow
Style_council
snow

I love museums and galleries. My favorite in New York (where I live) is probably The Whitney. Two of my friends manage/curate at different galleries in California, I’m hoping to be able to visit them in a few months.

posted almost 9 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

Unbelievably, I haven’t been to the Natural History Museum. I think I’ll go there this week, it’s long overdue.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

LOVE art galleries and museums!! Went on a 2 month Europe trip at the start of the year and tried to visit as many galleries/museums as possible :)
The Louvre is amazing, spent over 6 hours in there and could have stayed longer! The Vatican museums are definitely enthralling as well.
Loved the Museums Island in Berlin especially the Pergammon museum… My favourite on the whole trip was probably the Hamburger Bahnhof gallery in Berlin for modern/contemporary art!
The Vasa museum in Stockholm about this great ship that sank was great too. There was also a really great history museum in Copenhagen and the national museum in Prague was really good too!
In terms of where I live, I love the National Gallery of Victoria, always worth a look and I love the ‘Winter masterpieces’ exhibitions they have on every year.
I would love to visit Moma, the Guggenheims, the Studio Ghibli museum… well any museum or art gallery really!

Odette11
Style_council
Odette11

my favorite is the Musee D’Orsay (:

naunet
Style_council
naunet

How could I ever choose a favourite?! Walking into any museum/gallery is a fascinating, exciting and beautiful experience. Art is my passion, I just love exploring and discovering new pieces. I still have so many, many, many amazing museums/galleries to visit! A life time wouldn’t even be enough!
But I walk into any museum/gallery with the same eager to learn and discover.

jasmin5327
Style_council
jasmin5327

faves:
V&A museum in London
musée d’orsay in Paris
musée d’art moderne de la ville de Paris in..Paris of course
Theatre-Museum Dalí in Figueres, Spain
National Palace Museum in Taipei for Asian art

and any museum with Marc Chagall’s work

want to visit:
museum of Gustave Moreau in Paris

http://unefilleunreve.blogspot.com

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I love them :) I don’t really have any faves but I do like all the different ones in Balboa Park, San Diego

GlossyCheshireCat
Style_council
GlossyCheshi...

Von der Heydt musuem in Wuppertal, Germany… I’ve visit a lot of musuems in Germany but this is def. the best one. :)

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

So hard to choose. One of my very favourites is the V&A (Victoria & Albert Museum, art and design) – I try to go whenever I’m in London. I would anyway, but my great-aunt worked for Schiaparelli and some of her work is displayed there, which makes it more special. Also in London, I love the Tate Modern and the Dulwich Picture Gallery.

I go to the National Gallery of Scotland, the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and the Dean Gallery a lot – all in Edinburgh. I live close to all three, which is great. I also like the Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow (mainly for Dali’s Christ of St John of the Cross and the decorative arts collections in general). I’ll go to any exhibition I can about costume, jewellery or the history of fashion.

It’s not a museum or gallery, technically, but I’m really enjoying Antony Gormley’s 6 Times sculpture project – six life-size figures at different points along the river between the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and the sea a couple of miles away. I like public/interactive art, especially sculpture – the Yorkshire Sculpture Park is brilliant – and graffiti.

Non-visual art related – I’ve always loved the Bronte Parsonage in Haworth (I’ve gone about once a year since I was a kid) and the Imperial War Museum in London, and I was really impressed and moved by the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg.

I want to revisit the Musee d’Orsay in Paris and I’d love to go to various churches and chapels in Florence for the frescoes, especially Santa Maria Novella (for Masaccio’s Trinity).

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

I love so many art galleries!
I’d love to visit anywhere with a Degas and would really like to go round main ones in Paris (Louvre etc).
I recently went to the Wallace Collection in London and it’s my new favourite. Amazing paintings and gorgeous 18th century French furniture (very Marie Antoinette).

ParisInPink
Style_council
ParisInPink

musee d’orsay is the absolute best

mango_trotter
Style_council
mango_trotter

I really want to get to the Freud Museum in Laaandan. I’m a Psychology graduate, y’see!

I love the Huntarian Museum, which is part of the Royal College of Surgeons. It’s not for the faint hearted though, loads of pickled animals in jars and bit of people. It’s fascinating.

I love exhibitions the Wellcome Trust do, too. I recently went to one they did on Skin. Saw a Holy Bible wrapped in the skin of several virgins – awesome!!

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

the louvre and MET

Bombonica
Style_council
Bombonica

love museums too, I would love to visit Louvre, Prado, Guggenheim…

mystery
Style_council
mystery

In Paris, I love Beaubourg. Not only for the architecture and the view on Paris we have on top of the museum, but there are many different exhibitions, and many famous things to see.
And also Orsay museum.

I also really loved Van Gogh’s museum in Amserdam.

And i’m dying for visit Guggenheim museum in Bilbao or New-York, Tate Modern in London, a museum i forgot the name in Berlin, and many other else…

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password