Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jillvogue
Style_council
jillvogue

I love fashion blogs. I have written my own, and wrote for others. There are so many now on the web, and while I like many, many of them are very similar. What do you think fashion blogs are missing?

posted over 9 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I like mixing fashion with makeup and other things. I never really specialized with my blog (pandaphilia.blogspot.com). When I tried to make just a makeup one I didn’t like it and ended up deleting it.

I think letting your personality shine through is really important to make a blog special

posted over 9 years ago

Fashioncookbook
Style_council
Fashioncookbook

I think what makes a fashion blog special is when it truly is demonstrative of the author’s personality and life. I think so many times people make them as a quick way to attempt fame or as a fad. I started mine to document my fashion experience in a small town. In Maine (my town in particular) you get looks for wearing heals. With my blog I hoped to bring something to the blogging world that was fresh and inspirational. It is simple in a way, but I think it’s important to see growth.

I LOVE READING FASHION BLOGS! The internet is allowing common folks to be appreciated for honest talent. I love how fashion blogging has become almost a community in itself. A group of supportive fashionistas <3

posted over 9 years ago

NiceandPretty
Style_council
NiceandPretty

I have been asking myself the same old question… do not know the answer yet. I love fashion and I do appreciate a good, genuine blog about fashion but I get bored often with only pictures of what people wore daily (even if some are awesome). I tried my own blog and it was bad one. Now I am doing things my own. I write about the only things that I really love and I do it for myself, to keep track of the movies I watch and their clothes and costumes .Maybe what makes a blog special is what hmartin93 pointd, the author`s personality.

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I love when they talk about where they went for the day or have an interesting story to tell. I also love when they show pictures of their friends/family/boyfriends, too, so they show that they care about other people besides them and their clothes! hehe

posted about 9 years ago

mademoiselleruta
Style_council
mademoiselle...

Like everyone said, I think it’s a lot about having the author bring personality to the blog. There are some blogs that I read, and I like what the people wear, but they simply talk about what they bought, and after a while it just gets dull. No matter how famous they are, most people only look at the pictures.

I like when bloggers talk about their life, something they’re going through, maybe they give an interesting explanation how their outfit came to be. I think people have to let loose in the blogosphere and just be themselves.

posted about 9 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

about fashion !

posted about 9 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

about fashion !

posted about 9 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

I love putting suggestions on how to get that look or some story how they ended up on that outfit. It really makes the blog special :)

posted about 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think there are quite a few good fashion blogs out there, but a lot of bloggers seem to rely heavily on vintage and designer clothing to look good. I don’t think there’s enough bloggers out there who take full advantage of regular high street/mall stores when it comes to how they dress. I would like to see more bloggers coming up with interesting outfits based largely around mainstream clothing as it’s harder to stand out in fashion when you’re wearing stuff that lots of other people have too instead of needing unique vintage and designer items to look unique.

posted about 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

splashofcolour, that’s interesting. I definitely feel that there are many fashion bloggers out there who snub mainstream brands solely because they’re too indie for that. I understand ethical standpoints, but doing it for other purposes gets old. But whatever, wear what you want.

But am I the only one that’s sick of seeing Jeffrey Campbell and Topshop everything? Enough, already!!

Anyway… I don’t like when there’s just a few photos and a list of what she’s wearing. I like descriptions.

posted about 9 years ago

blonderfulcurls
Style_council
blonderfulcurls

I think videos are a gd thing to add

posted about 9 years ago

LJOC
Style_council
LJOC

I hate to be the one sounding like a broken record but just to repeat the word personality.

I always think back to why I would be attracted to certain outfits somebody would wear and remember it’s because the person was interesting. The outfit reflected them. What they did, how they are, their lifestyle. We can get plain old trend forecasting from magazines. I want the blog to be personal and aspirational. If someone shares themselves as a person then I can understand and see why they dress the way they do.

I think there is too much ‘reviews’ on very unattainable brands. Of course reviews and opinions are useful but alot of it is post after post of pure promotion because they’ve been sent a sample by the brand and the blog is probably repeating the brands own bio.

Also, I don’t really know how yet but I think their should be more involvement with the readers, the readers should think that they can participate more than just reading and leaving a comment.

Over all I think just to emphisize more on truth and not just have this fake online personality and to make things more dimentional I dont like scrolling through flat looks with nothing behind them.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password