Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Do you do it independently? In a gallery? How did you get them to feature you? Do you sell on a website? do you sell prints? are you successful? sorry for all the questions, I was pondering it and wanted some first hand accounts…

posted over 9 years ago
New_user 118212 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 118212 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

i did when i was younger so i had adults taking care of everything now that i have graduated from high school i think ive let art go..i try to paint but nothing is ever good enough for me but i dont want to let it go..ive wondered the same things because in smaller cities and towns i think youre only hope is to do contests and charity type events although i also think i probably just havent really looked into it…thanks for bringing this back to my attention :D

posted over 9 years ago

julstimes2
Style_council
julstimes2

i sell my art on the internet. take a look! my website is on my profile.

posted over 9 years ago

steffmetal
Style_council
steffmetal

I sell on Etsy (www.etsy.com/shop/steffmetal) and also through local craft shows. My work sells very well in person, but not so much on the internet yet, although I’ve done a couple of custom commissions.

Those who do sell art, which websites do you use? I’m not sure if Etsy is the best place, although I love it.

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I would like to, but I think I’d rather do commissions or sell prints because I’m trying to keep my artwork all in once place as I build my portfolio…

Perhaps once I go to college (art school, most likely) I’ll sell some stuff.

posted over 9 years ago

Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

I’ve been thinking of selling mine for a while…I’m probably going to do it in the summer when I have more time…

Any ideas how and where to sell paintings?

posted over 9 years ago

viridianduchess
Style_council
viridianduchess

Well—i have not tried to sell my work just yet, but when people i know see it -they want it- so i sell it to them. i’m going to school right now for a b.f.a in painting and photography—I think the best way to sell art is by “word of mouth”—and online—you have to be active in order to sell on a regular bases locally—but you can also have the back up online site

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password