Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
victoriya
Style_council
victoriya

summer is the time when i catch up on reading. i have a list of books i want to read before school resumes, but i’m craving more. i need to keep myself preoccupied so i don’t go nuts while i wait for some new books to come out (linger by maggie stiefvater, mockingjay by suzanne collins*, crescendo by becca fitzpatrick).

is anyone reading something good or planning to read something?

*this series is a MUST read. the fashion statements suzanne dreams up for the future are AMAZING!!! first book is called The Hunger Games

posted about 9 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

It’s winter holidays for me in Australia and I just borrowed a whole bunch of books to read from the library!
I borrowed: Trainspotting by irvine Welsh (loved the movie so hopefully the books is good!)
The picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
Dracula- Bram Stoker
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami
A Wild Sheep Chase, also by murakami.
So yeah.. as you can see i’m a fan of the classics and novels by well known authors :D Hopefully I enjoy reading the books! There were so many more I wanted to borrow but they were too heavy for my bag haha!

posted about 9 years ago

d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

i love hunger games !

Good books :
A fashion series i would recommend would be Poseur ( its kind of like those teen drama books)
Girl with a dragon tattoo
The uglies trilogy
Spanking Shakespeare ( it’s hilarious )
Drama Queen
Ruling Class ( kind of like mean girls )
Orpheus Obsession
Stardust ( the book is better than the movie)
Jude
contents under pressure
skater stunt boys
cathy’s book

That’s all the stuff i’ve read and bought, But if you want more i have my wishlist and another list of all the good books i’ve read :P

posted about 9 years ago

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

THE. BOOK. THIEF.
probably the best book i have ever read. anything by Markus Zusak is great.
also, Geek Love (not about nerds), Ender’s Game, Water for Elephants, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Time Traver’s Wife, Chronicles of Narnia.

right now I’m reading Wicked, and it’s pretty good but a tad dull. I have SO much reading to do, it’s berserk. I have a 23-book high stack of to-read’s. and those are just the books i own.

posted about 9 years ago

WiesOudshoorn
Style_council
WiesOudshoorn

i loved PS I love you. read it before i even knew there was a movie. and well, of course if was better than the movie!
i also adore louise renninsons serie about georgia nicholson. i read 7 books of the series (i believe there are 10 now) it’s about a high school girl, so not very serious, but those are the only books that make me laugh out loud! the first one is called: angus, thongs and full-frontal snogging.

posted about 9 years ago

Jolenevuong
Style_council
Jolenevuong

the virgin suicides by jeffrey eugenides
it has been called the modern catcher in the rye

posted about 9 years ago

Lucilia
Style_council
Lucilia

well, i’m reading…
The magic mountain – Thomas Mann
Memoirs of Hadrian – Marguerite Yourcenar
The New York Trilogy – Paul Auster

posted about 9 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

i agree w/ kelseykelsey, the book thief was really good.
also, i recently read a book called Wednesday Letters which wasn’t bad.

posted about 9 years ago

younwhasam
Style_council
younwhasam

the dark tower series by steven king, don’t be intimidated by the name :) they actually aren’t really scary. It’s a fantasy series. The first book is The Gunslinger.

posted about 9 years ago

owlybird
Style_council
owlybird

Oh my god I cannot wait for Mockingjay! bounces in chair

But yeah… Water for Elephants is great.

Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, An Abundance of Catherines and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green (the last one is co-authored by David Levithan)

And I have to second WiesOudshoorn – Louise Rennison’s books are absolutely hilarious! I’m sad to admit that I haven’t read the last two or three books yet…

I haven’t been to the library this summer, and I can’t give you any others of the top of my head, but I will definately check out Stardust when I do (I love that movie! I figured it had a book to it but I wasn’t sure)

posted about 9 years ago

just_that_girl
Style_council
just_that_girl

the lovely bones and handle with care

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password