Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AlexanderJames
Style_council
AlexanderJames

Have you heard the latest in the ready-to-wear world? At work today as an intern at the Gap I learned that the head designer of Gap Adult, Patrick Robinson, was fired. Although Gap has not released many details regarding his firing, apparently he has been blamed for lack luster sales and being unable to revamp the brand. Thoughts? Are you a fan of the Gap? Are you familiar with Robinson’s work? More information can be found on websites like huffingtonpost.com and nytimes.com.

posted over 8 years ago
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I think Gaps stuff is too boring. I used to shop there but ever since I joined Chictopia I stopped stepping in there. It feels like they have the exact same stuff every season, twice the price of Forever 21, but less cool.

posted over 8 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

I think Patrick Robinson is great but the GAP as a brand is just extremely boring and overly expensive.

posted over 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I’m no expert, but I’d have to say the economy is probably a big part of their lack of sales. Gap (and everything else they own aside from banana republic) sells bland, over-priced clothes that appeal to affluent middle-aged women. nothing they sell is particularly unique—and anything unique would not be worth the price imo. It would be pointless for them to attempt to reach the 20-something/early-30’s audience.
When I think of GAP, I think of the all-american upper-middle class american family in the suburbs with the dog, two children, and backyard croquet set.

btw robinson wasn’t the one behind their failed new label, right?

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password