Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I think that pretty much says it all…

posted about 11 years ago
1 3 ... 6 7
New_user 118212 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 118212 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

me too me too! i wont read it nor watch it, ever.

PrincessFero
Style_council
PrincessFero

nooo! i will admit it has been over hyped but back in the day (like 3 years ago when i was a sophomore in high school) i loved the books! the movies are just funny…

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I never feel justified in hating something without trying it first, so I read the first one and it wasn’t as bad as I thought . . . but I still didn’t like it. It read like something I would have written at 15. (Not liked at 15. Written at 15).

I’m not the biggest fan of romance stories anyway, but I really can’t stand them when they hinge upon the idea of fated love, and glorify what is basically stalking. (Unfortunately, Twilight isn’t the only YA book that does that. Why do so many YA books encourage these really unhealthy ideas about relationships?).

I have a few friends who like them, but they’re not crazy rabid fangirls or anything, so we just don’t talk about them and that’s that. The books don’t really affect my life in a negative way, lol. But I think if I were in high school and everyone around me was OMGTWILIGHT!!! all the time, I’d probably hate them more.

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

Read Nightlife: the parody of Twilight!!! its so funny.

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Really like the first book, then it got way too romantic and “woe is me”. The movies are terrible, Robert w/e his name is totally ruined Twilight. Stephanie Myer’s book Host is good though.. but a little hard to get through at times.

chicchica_bonita

10 points - Become a fan

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

MurasakiNeko, you gave a really great point. There are too many books out there today that are giving girls the wrong idea about relationships.

heck
Style_council
heck

I haven’t read it, but a lot of my friends in high school did (okay and everyone else), and now where I work I’m like the only one who hasn’t read it. Anyways, I agree that it kind of encourages unhealthy relationships. Doesn’t the guy say that if they can’t be together she should kill herself? I heard it says that, but I’m not 100%.
Anyways, I think it wussifies vampires for the younger kids. Vampires were really cool, now Twilight totally change that. With Vegetarian vampires and they glitter… it’s just weird.

chicchica_bonita

10 points - Become a fan

chicchica_bo...

lolz i love nightlight

Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

I bought all the books because they were on sale… I managed to get through the first book, well I don’t like to read books very much… anyways, it freaked me out. It’s not really romantic it’s just creepy. I saw the movie and it was kind of funny (ridiculous).

I started the second book about 4 times… I read the first chapter than got bored and didn’t read it for weeks. Than I decided to give it another try and read the 1 chapter again to freshen my memorie. But when I finished the 1 chapter I got bored again and stopped reading.. This happened 4 times lol xD

Goosiegoo
Style_council
Goosiegoo

I read Twilight because I thought it might be cool. This is before the first movie came out. While I was reading it I was totally into it and couldn’t put the book down, but when it finished I was like… was that all?
It kind of felt like nothing happened.
Same thing happened when I tried to read New Moon but I didn’t get through it.
I think it’s poorly written and the reason it’s gotten so popular is because it’s the typical teenage romance story of a girl who the hottest boy in school falls in love with, as well as the second hottest boy – and the dramas that go along with it.

I’m so sad that Robert Pattinson did it, I love him so much because of Harry Potter :(

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

i think the whole hype about the movie just blew it out of proportion. way before they decided to make it into a movie my friend was obsessed with it & told me to check them out. fell in love with the books.

the movies are okay. i do like them, but nothing to go crazy about.

MissMarais
Style_council
MissMarais

Hate it with a fiery passion. True Blood all the way!

Anastasia_Azuline
Style_council
Anastasia_Az...

Vampire Diaries is much better! =D

harloww
Style_council
harloww

I never liked it! And I refuse to read the books or watch the movies because it’s so hyped now and lame. Sadly my boyfriend has read the books… Don’t know how that happened.

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I read the books a while ago and I have all of them but I think she should have stopped after the first one, honestly. It’s just too much!
And the movies are terrible!!

Harry Potter ftw :)

ljurbanchic
Style_council
ljurbanchic

i read all the books and actually really liked them (except for new moon, it was boring, full unnecessary details, and in the end with the whole suicide mission-it was just too much). i think the reason so many girls love the series (and movies) is because it gives us this ridiculously romantic experience and these perfect gorgeous people that we’ll never have. its a special fantasy. but i agree with what everyone has been saying; in a way twilight does give girls the wrong idea about romance. but as i read them; i always reminded myself that its fiction-and that i probably wont ever be in a relationship like edward and bella’s. this kept me sane (unlike some other twilight fans out there).
When it comes to the movies-the first one was a joke. the more i c it, the more i find it funny. And sorry people-but i can’t stand Kristen Stewart; i think she was completely wrong for Bella’s character, and she kind of bothers me in real life too (is it just me; or does she act extremely awkward on purpose? to seem even cooler maybe? i have no idea. but i will say she has great style. and im excited to c her in The Runaways-thats a better role for her i think.). And Robert Pattinson- he was okay in the movies. He’s quite attractive (sometimes) though (but not in the New Moon movie. why was he so UGLY in that movie!? i just dont understand!). But i’ll admit, in conclusion; that i do kind of have high hopes for the Eclipse movie.
Also id just like to say- True Blood is amazing!, but i dislike when people compare it to (or even use it in the same context as) Twilight, or any of these other vampire shows/movies/books. Trublood is in an extreme category all of its own. the only similarity between it and Twilight is that some of its main characters drink blood. nuff said. :)

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

I tried to give it a go so that I could legitimately say it sucked/ruled for so-and-so reasons. I couldn’t get past the third chapter, it was so crappy.

However, if you look up Cleolinda’s full Twilight series summaries and Shinga’s play-by-play readthrough on LiveJournal, you’ll find something INFINITELY more entertaining.

loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

I like the twilight books, but I’m not this crazy fan that chooses team edward or team jacob or stalks the actors who just play a role… that’s kinda insane.. I agree that things are now getting a little over the top… but I still love the books :D

krazi_azian
Style_council
krazi_azian

i skimmed thru the first book and it was ok and then it got more romantic and touchy so i lost interest. watched the first movie and wished i hadn’t. they got too famous and im sick of hearing rober this and kristen…shut uppp!!!

LindseyR
Style_council
LindseyR

Twilight doesn’t bother me, but Stephanie Meyer and people that gush over her do. I hope she’s done writing, and if not that she’ll realize that she needs to stick to writing cheap paperback romance novels. Because all she does is write love triangle and kill genres. I get annoyed when I see “The Host” in the sci-fi section at book stores. I mean it say’s on the book that “it’s a sci-fi book for people who don’t like sci-fi.” Dose anyone else find this to be dumb. Why write in a genre that our target audience doesn’t even like? and Just because it’s sold in the sci-fi section doesn’t make it sci-fi. Some goes for characters that drink blood but aren’t even close to being Vampires. Stephanie Meyer and her books wouldn’t bother me if everyone would just be honest to why they like them, and what she is really writing. And that it is G-Rated Smut for teens. But then that would mean people would have admit to liking Smut.

booboo21
Style_council
booboo21

i love twilight. cant really get annoyed of it :)

JusticePirate
Style_council
JusticePirate

I was extremely anti-Twilight and my best friend was obsessed which made me hate it more haha. She made me watch the movie a year after it came out and I didn’t really like that either. It bored me. Then I read the books because she badgered me so much. . .and it was amazing and I got so addicted I read them all in 2 weeks.

RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

Twilight definitely irritates me. not that i HATE it or anything, its just that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too promoted when its not THAT great to have so much publicity. and its taken so many things from other movies/books/tv shows/etc and combined it but not in a good way. i watched the first movie and got mad because it reminded me of one of my favorite tv shows ever and that ruined it for me because it felt like a cheap knock-off with all the different things that reminded me of other stuff i had seen or read. The whole saving the girls life and then falling in love but not being able to be together. same type of thing as Roswell, except they were aliens in that show and they did things the RIGHT way. they made the main female character a strong, smart, independent girl who would NOT whine and attempt to kill herself over a GUY. they had a quirky, feisty, friend for her that was sort of hippie-ish but comfortable with being herself and not about “omg is this prom dress right for meeeee? like omg you said they were all great…can i just get a real answer from you…like pleassseee” (rolls eyes) its just something that BUGS me about twilight. but like i said, i dont HATE it, just am annoyed by it because it just feels like a rip-off of other GREAT things… my friend bought me the first book in that series for xmas because shes a fan of it and i attempted to read the first chapter and never got past the 3rd page…now it sits collecting dust sadly. just not interested in it :/ (oh and you should check out the show ROSWELL if you can find it online somewhere, its an amazing show, but it does start out a little slow in the first few episodes so you have been warned. but give it a chance. better than twilight.

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

UGHHHH THIS STUPID THING WONT DIE.
I really can not STAND this book. The fans are annoying and extreme and refuse to look at the fact that its not a good book. Its AVERAGE. And Im ok with average, but I hate when its over hyped. Its nothing special, and make it look like its SO special to have a BF like that. He is flipping insanly overprotective or some shit from what ive read. I read like 3 pages, it was like fanfiction-y (i love fanfiction, but not with a shitty plotline). Not only that, WTH did she do to vampires? They glitter? REALLY! Jeez. I miss when vampires and werewolves used to be feared and cool :/

1 3 ... 6 7
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password