Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I think that pretty much says it all…

posted about 11 years ago
1 2 ... 6 7
heyyitslianax3
Style_council
heyyitslianax3

i used to like the books, but the movies were so terrible i burst out laughing during all the parts that were trying to be intense or dramatic.

it was pretty funny actually.

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’ve never read the book but I did buy the first film, and I thought it was so uneventful and boring. I definetly wouldn’t watch any more of them.

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

Read the first book (to see the hype about it)
Saw the first movie (forced against my will)

Both sucked. Done.

ahappyfreakingday
Style_council
ahappyfreaki...

i really dislike it….every time i am with my sister and she sees something twilight related she says"look ur favorite movie" super loud…..it irritates me cause i have never read the books or seen the movies….urghh

kkkeiOK
Style_council
kkkeiOK

I have friends who REALLY, REALLY, LOVE the book and movies. They think Robert Pattinson is uber hot and the books are the works of a literary genius. Quote “they are the best books I’ve read!”

Now my immediate reaction when I heard that was, “honey, that’s because you haven’t read more than 5 books in your entire life!” But of course I choked it back, because in all other aspects, these are nice sensible people that I wouldn’t want to offend.

But why do logical, sensible and intelligent people get so fanatical about Twilight? They are normal tween fiction, Robert Pattinson is only OK looking (he is NOT uber hot. I’m not saying he’s ugly. Just average. He came out in Harry Potter. Was he an immediate hit with HP? No. Were there millions of girls drooling that what’s-his-name was so incredibly hot? No. He was forgettable. But for some reason, he’s suppose to be cute as a sparkly vampire.)

Why? I’m baffled. Twilight is an incredibly fascinating specimen of a work of mediocrity that can become so widely loved. What makes one sparkly vampire more special than, lets say, Anne Rice’s non-sparkly vampire? Anne Rice’s vampires were pretty cool too. Or how about Christopher Pike’s vampires? They kicked ass too.

What is it about Twilight that commands such devotion from millions? There must be a reason why, even if we cannot see it.

skyisthelimit
Style_council
skyisthelimit

Twilight really annoys me, I saw the first movie at a friends place and I wasn’t too impressed if I’m being honest. I don’t get what all the fuss is about! Maybe the books are better…

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

i agree, and the end of the final books is hilarious

inmidnights
Style_council
inmidnights

The last one was extremely funny. It’s sad though, how the author is hailed as a ‘writer’. :|

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I’m not into Twilight at all… I have not even tried to be into it. I don’t get the vampire fascination.

jadeyoudk
Style_council
jadeyoudk

I fell inlove with the books! I hate the movie.

At first I was so excited with the movie I couldn’t wait to see it but after seeing it, I was so disappointed! I hated it! I can’t even express how much I hate it. I’m even starting to hate the cast of the movie.

Haunt5r
Style_council
Haunt5r

idgaf about twilight, but its all over everywhere i go. the ads are super annoying.

knittingwnoodles
Style_council
knittingwnoo...

I’m a big hater of Twilight. I tried to read it just to see if I was right in my hating it and I couldn’t get through two chapters. So senseless to waste so much time on. I can’t stand all the tshirts and bags all the girls carry around with pictures of the “hott” vamps on them. UUGH.
I did watch Twilight though, just to see Kristen Stewart! Hahaha.

sniels35
Style_council
sniels35

i am sick of it too. the hype is bad especially where i live

Daneat
Style_council
Daneat

as a book series, they’re really well written & just totally pulls me into the story. however, it is HIGHLY overrated, and it gets on my nerves when people claim to love it just because of the actors. i read the twilight series way before there was even talk of a movie. as a matter of fact i thought to myself, they should make these into movies haha xP
the first movie was TERRIBLE, and new moon was good. i’m expecting eclipse to be so much better because i believe it’s the best out of the 4. but yeah, it’s gone a bit too far. i mean, they have twilight makeup and condoms and even contact lenses?! it’s crazy! haha. i feel bad for the actors and the crazy “fans”

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

the book is well written? a vampire that sparkles? :P can’t believe she is super rich now because of those awful books
i wanna post the ending of the book since it’s extremely funny but i don’t know…

sophiberry
Style_council
sophiberry

In freshman year 2 years before the movie came out, a friend got me into the Twilight series. I read the first one and liked it a bit. Wasn’t obsessed. Then I read the second one and did not like it at all. I finished the series, do not even remember what happens in Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn is just a joke.

THEN the movie came out and then I could not even stand it anymore. Edward stalks her when she’s sleeping, glitters, and never showers. C’mon just because you do not have bodily fluids does not mean your skin never gets dirty.

Twilight really just brings all the vampires down. Now everyone, from little girls to moms love vampires. But what I really hate is that everyone compares it to Harry Potter and says it’s better. Um.No. Twilight is some romance story where HP is a story of adventure, with some romance in it.
It just… ugh :[

doom
Style_council
doom

I remember when I first read the books. I was so into them and thought the story was great (Meyer’s writing = not so great). Me and my friends loved the books, went to see Twilight together and giggled throughout the whole movie. I think the only reason we enjoyed the movie was because we read the books beforehand. If we hadn’t, the movie would have really sucked to us. The acting was terrible and when I look back on it I can’t help but laugh at how naive we were.

Now, I still think the story is good, but Meyer’s writing style is just rubbish and the message it sends to girls is terrible. If Rice could, she would hang Meyer and beat her like a piñata.

knittingwnoodles
Style_council
knittingwnoo...

I think hating Twilight is getting kind of uncool too. Maybe we should all just stop complaining and stop thinking about it and then maybe everyone will forget about it…

…too wishful of thinking?

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I have never and will never like Twilight lol

LPB
Style_council
LPB

i’m also tired of all the team jacob or team edward… it’s like okay how about neither

didiorlopez
Style_council
didiorlopez

The concept is irritating!
It breeds unhealthy relationships in young girls.
Encourages already unhealthy behavior in the “women” that follow along.
I haven’t read the books, I couldn’t get past the “glittering skin.” My friend told that her friends had recommended the books to her. they had given her a “warning” to not be upset that her bf wasn’t like edward. oh the humanity. I prefer victor hugo

anniehall
Style_council
anniehall

I’ve always liked vampire movies and shows, like Buffy the vampire slayer and interview with the vampire, trueblood. I went and saw the first twilight and i liked it..it was cheesy and stuff but i figured it would be and plus i got that thing for vampires…never read the books or anything though…When i saw the second one i was really disappointed.. it was stupider then the first and had little action, very slow.
I don’t know how these girls can be so into these movies. Like religiously into them. They are insane. They obviously are just obsessed with the boys in the movies and not the actually plot or acting in the movies.

eryneliz
Style_council
eryneliz

What kills me about Twilight fanatics is that they think this is good writing! I don’t understand how they can think this when there are such writers as Charlotte Bronte, John Steinbeck, or even J.K. Rowling!

posted almost 11 years ago

dapo
Style_council
dapo

I loved the books to be honest.. they may be not strong writing but it’s still a plot line and style of writing that really appeals to highschool students. HOWEVER I read the series starting in grade 9 and then a year or two later it exploded into this scary monster that it has become, Twilight fans are out of control and terrifying. And I think it’s most definatly in appropriate for kids younger then 14 and it is being read by like 11-10 year olds which is terrible, THERE IS SEX AND PEDOPHELIA AND WIFE BEATING. :| If it wasn’t for the terrible fandom I would be okay with Twilight, because it does allow for other fantasy genres and authors to become more popular… I actually read a book where the author made a shout out to JK Rowling for her novels which created more interest in fantasy novels.

So what I’m trying to say is… it’s not the books that bother me so much.. It’s the crazy, mentally unstable, weird, creepy fans. FANS FANS FANS

:)

sakki89
Style_council
sakki89

I don’t know why there is so much hype . I haven’t read the book. Frankly I found the movie boring.

1 2 ... 6 7
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password