Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

I need help on my turns such as pirouettes and fouettes! And I need to improve my spotting because it’s so slow. : (

posted about 8 years ago
handmedowntoday
Style_council
handmedowntoday

I practiced my spotting by sitting on a wheelie chair and spinning around with my head facing a certain spot on the wall. :) Hope this helps
x
Chrissi

posted about 8 years ago

EmmyAnn
New_user EmmyAnn is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When EmmyAnn reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EmmyAnn

What helped me was to just practice over and over again. When I spot, I think in my head the word ‘snap’ and that helps me to remember to snap to the spot as soon as I leave it. You can get a friend to help you also by making faces at you while you practice turning. They’ll tell you when you’re being slow!

posted about 8 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Thank you so much! : )

posted about 8 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

I wish I danced :(

posted about 8 years ago

Totallyoutcasted
Style_council
Totallyoutca...

I practice in the mirror. I put all my focus on my face. I just look at my face so when I finally turn, my concentration is still on my face so my head turns LAST and then whips around again to see my face.

posted about 8 years ago

heartandsole95
Style_council
heartandsole95

What is it that you need help with on your pirouettes and fouettes? Spotting has always been like my biggest issue when it comes to dance, and my teacher started making me just do piques across the floor, but she’d walk backwards in front of me with her hand out so I had something very distinct and close to focus on and I found it helped alot!

posted about 8 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

I just simply can’t get them. Like my body won’t understand what I’m trying to do. And my spotting is really slow, therefore I can’t whip myself fast enough to do a turn. : (

posted about 8 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

I started pointe at a late age (16) because my ankles were weak, and I could NOT do a piroutte or fouette en pointe! It just takes a LOT of practice, and ask your teacher to watch your spotting to tell you when it’s too slow or not. I now can do a pirouette en pointe, but I’m still working on the fouettes!

posted about 8 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

honestly you just have to go back to basics and do that thing we did in combo class where u spin around and spot as fast as you can…because u are standing in one spot/on both feet there isnt the pressure thats associated with turning so u can focus more on spotting. then just apply that feeling to your turns and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

posted about 8 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Thank you! : )

posted about 8 years ago

lieselbyte
New_user lieselbyte is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lieselbyte reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lieselbyte

Okay. This is going to sound absolutely insane, but I’ll say it anyway. When I did dance I would post a picture of my best friend, or favorite actor, whatever directly across from me at eye level so when I was practicing spotting I knew exactly where to look, it also helped me remember to smile. And, definitely, if you have a friend patient enough to help you out, get them to sit across from you and use them as your spot. They’ll also be able to better gauge your spotting speed. :) And, of course, just keep practicing.

posted about 8 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

You can practice fouettes at the barre; go onto demi pointe, passe, fondue developpe forward, and whip it around! Keep doing this until you feel comfortable enough that you’re not grabbing the barre with a death grip each time around or falling one way or another.

I STILL suck at fouettes, but I find that when I’m going crazy and spinning all over the room it helps to focus on the fondu and give your leg a really strong whip to second.

posted about 8 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Thank you so much! : )

posted about 8 years ago

DOMOnique
Style_council
DOMOnique

What I did was just practice them in the right positions over and over, I also did balance exercises and calve rises.

Reminders – spot, keep your stomach in and tight, make sure you’re body is one line, your toe is at or above the knee, your knee is going back, shoulders are down, toes are point and not sickle, arms are aligned in the right places, if you’re suppose to be turned out remember that, and practice practice practice :)

posted about 8 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Thank you! : )

posted about 8 years ago

MissEverything
Style_council
MissEverything

I was a Ballet dancer for years it just takes training and time. i think if you focus to much on “spotting” it can also throw you off too.

posted about 8 years ago

thiswouldbeher
Style_council
thiswouldbeher

i know you have a lot of responses already, but if you want I have this article I ripped out of Dance Teacher magazine and i can take a picture of it and email to you :)
it helped me a lot, and its only like 2 pages.
but one important piece of advice i give to you is not to practice over and over using the wrong positions! what i mean is: if the pirouette your doing has been failing you non stop, you need to go back to making a perfect single turn. Or stop for a minute or 2 to to feel the right muscles again. I BEG you not to do a billion bad turns, or else you’ll never build good muscle memory!

my email (thiswouldbeher@yahoo.com) if you want the article<3>re interested, lol: thiswouldbeher.weebly.com

posted about 8 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Thank you so much! : ) Would you mind giving me the article or the 2 pages? : )

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password