SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Donnie_
Style_council
Donnie_

Helloooo chicotopians.
It’s about that time for those of us who have not jumped on the “get our own money” bandwagon to find one soon! Has anybody been job hunting? If so where? Or if you alreadt have one, do you like it? Where is it?

And if anyone living in Ontario, Canada knows any places hiring, shareeeee the information and help a fellow chicotopian haha.

:)

posted over 9 years ago
1 2
ohhaimarisa
Style_council
ohhaimarisa

I have an interview at a new Plato’s Closet that is opening up in my city. I have also applied to Visible Changes and Forever 21, but neither of them have called me back.

posted over 9 years ago

mllemilly
Style_council
mllemilly

I was working at a designer and vintage boutique called Boudoir Femme :)
it was lovellyyy. I had to quit because of exams and moving cities for University.

I’m hopefully working at my-wardrobe.com when I get to University, woweeee!
Got a ‘chat’ after one of the ladies called me.

And I’m also setting up my own brand :)

x

posted over 9 years ago

myelzi
Style_council
myelzi

I applied at the Plato’s Closet in my area and they haven’t gotten back to me either. At least I know they haven’t hired anybody yet.

posted over 9 years ago

cbea067
Style_council
cbea067

i’ve been working at Ross since the beginning of june. it gets a little crazy sometimes because customers leave stuff all over the floor, but it’s an experience hehe. it’s pretty nice since we do carry some designer pieces; however, it’s a challenge to find them in all the mess ;)

posted over 9 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

I really wanted to work for retail but I have extremely strict parents sigh. I applied for a job at a hospital – I think I’ll be in the filing department, anything just to get out of the house, summer is SO boring.

posted over 9 years ago

maryintheocean
Style_council
maryintheocean

I live in a smaller town, and it seems that no where retail is hiringg :( so sad, all the experience i have is in retail – and no jobs are avaible ! so frusterating!! Anyboy know what really sticks out on a resume for retail jobs ?

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

maryintheocean: I can totally relate. I live in a small town too and there’s rarely any good shops hiring.

The thing I hate most though is when I apply for a job, and though I have decent qualifications have plenty of work experience and already have a job in retail I never hear back or get offered an interview. Anyone here in management of a store and can suggest what should stand out on an application?

posted over 9 years ago

ivyxx
Style_council
ivyxx

I’m working at a group home for mentally challenged adults, and I love it. I’ve been here about a year and half, but I just graduated university so I’m thinking I might either look for a second job, get something fulltime, or volunteer more once fall comes since I won’t be going back to school. For now though I’m just going to enjoy working part time during the summer and getting lots of days off!

posted over 9 years ago

kayl
Style_council
kayl

ugh, i’ve been looking for a job for a while now. unfortunately everyone on my island seems to need a job so if you don’t have much experience (like i do) you’re kind of screwed. i applied to so many jobs and only got an interview for two! but after a few months, i finally got a job!

i do wish i could work in retail…fashion of course! but you get you get! just happy i can finally get some extra money!

posted over 9 years ago

daisymay
Style_council
daisymay

I work in a pub and hate it! So have applied for a few shop jobs to know avail. But am now starting up a business with my mum as wedding planners and wedding stationary suppliers! So hopefully that will go well and I can give up the pub!

posted about 9 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I haven’t had a job in 3 years and I’m not looking. I might not have a lot of money but I love not having a job!

posted about 9 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

I’m applying to Zara…screw the parentals!

posted about 9 years ago

d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

I’ve never had a job, and i’m in need of one. So since i have no experience to put on my resume I went to this job thing my friend dragged me to. It’s so sketch! I go door to door to strangers houses and knock on their door and ask say this speech and basically try to get them to buy a subscription to the Toronto Star. And i only get paid if i get a subscription ( and i haven’t gotten any), and the work hours are crazy from like 5-9, no breaks ( but i take them anyway :P ). My mom wants me to quit so i have no choice but i like the people i work with they are so cool. & I’m doing this for the selling experience so i can put on an application for a retail job. . . . I have no clue what to do . Any advice?

posted about 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

i work at a library. i love it…
great pay, stress free, no one tells me when i can or can’t go to lunch ;]

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

i’ve applied to several places but no call backs :(
i really wanted to get a job this summer but i guess its just not happening :(

posted about 9 years ago

v_toria
Style_council
v_toria

I work at my towns local bridal store. I’ve only been on the job for a few days but love it so far! I would just keep an eye out for job postings at small businesses. :)

posted about 9 years ago

woocie
Style_council
woocie

i’ve currently worked at a library for three years and i loved it, but due to budget cuts, my hours are being reduced drastically :/ i live in a small town so not many places are hiring, and if they were, the spots have already been taken. the closest town to me is 30 minutes away, and even then i don’t even think there are decent jobs there, so the closest town would be an hour away. i applied to work at a preschool and i’m currently waiting for a call for an interview, eep!

posted about 9 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I work at American Eagle! And it’s so much fun! All the rumours about them making you wear their clothing is not true. They are very leneant. And they give great discounts too :)

posted about 9 years ago

Burntryce
Style_council
Burntryce

I currently work at Trader Joe’s but am moving to Nashville in the next few weeks. I need a job! I’m not sure if I am going to be able to transfer to the Tj’s out there. If not. then I’m lost! UuuuuHhhh!

posted about 9 years ago

Lucilia
Style_council
Lucilia

I’m an architecture student… so… little little little time to work, sometimes hostess or promoter in some trade fair or meeting…

posted about 9 years ago

WiesOudshoorn
Style_council
WiesOudshoorn

i used to work at an underpayed bakery, but now i am working overpayed as a receptionist at a golfcourse.
hope to find an overpayed job in amsterdam soon though since i study here

posted about 9 years ago

Closet_Fashionista
Style_council
Closet_Fashi...

I’m working as a Junior Programmer at a marketing company but it is only a contract job so I’ll probably have to start looking for another job at the end of the month.

I had an interview for a Graphic/Web design internship a few weeks ago and I should find out about that soon. (It’s paid)

posted about 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

i work at a library. i’ve had 3 other jobs prior and i have to say, it’s the best job ever (for someone that’s still in school anyways). i take my breaks and lunch whenever i please, and it’s really just an easy job where most people sit around all day unless there’s a mad rush of customers. but for all the sitting i do i get paid well.

too bad we have a limit of how many hours we can work (stupid county doesn’t want to give my position any benefits)

posted about 9 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password