Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Tasmin
Style_council
Tasmin

i would really like to work in teh fahion industry, particually in magazines. does anyone know how to get there, or if any of you are involved in the fashion industry, how did you get there? do you enjoy it? is it what you expected? im 15 and would like toi know what i would need to take for sixth form and university. it would be alot of help.:) thankyou very muchx

posted almost 10 years ago
bonchic
Style_council
bonchic

internships, internships, internships

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Er, it’s a US book, but I loved reading the Teen Vogue Handbook. I’d suggest it.

PS I’m keeping that as one of my options right now. I’m thinking I might try to go to an art school for visual communications, and possibly an English minor.

salutsophie
Style_council
salutsophie

If you want to get into the fashion industry in magazines you’d most likely have to take a Journalism degree at University. So for sixth form choices, I’d definitely recommend English language and Media Studies, and possibly Textiles just so you have a basic knowledge of design – I didn’t take Textiles at school so I don’t know if you’d need a GCSE to be able to study it at A-level. I know you need to choose 4 subjects and then have the option to drop one in year 13, so taking Theatre Studies for your first year and getting involved with costume and scenery wouldn’t hurt – plus it’d look good on your CV!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password