Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
channierie
Style_council
channierie

here’s the deal.. my legs are hairy — the normal kind of hairy though. but i want to wax it.. rather than shaving it cause it may darken and you know, negative stuffs might happen.

so, any tips?

posted over 9 years ago
Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

your hair really doesn’t get that much darker if you shave it, waxing can also get really expensive!

posted over 9 years ago

channierie
Style_council
channierie

really?! but im afraid. i think waxing is better because i heard that the more you wax, it lessens the hair growth.

posted over 9 years ago

sliponroses
Style_council
sliponroses

I’ve been shaving for 10 years and my hair hasn’t gotten darker. Also, for waxing you have to wait a few weeks between waxing. You can shave more often.

posted over 9 years ago

VivikaChic
Style_council
VivikaChic

Why don’t you get this machine that pulls of your hair? It’s like waxing but it’s easier to do it on your own i think…

posted over 9 years ago

melavond
Style_council
melavond

shaving has never made my hair grow back darker or thicker. and waxing hurts!

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

that machine is called an epilator but it’s awfully painful.

i’ve never waxed but shaving’s just fine. it doesn’t grow back thicker at all

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

if your really worried just get laser hair removal lol i’m saving up for it all over my body lol

posted over 9 years ago

Sparklz
Style_council
Sparklz

I have been using an epilator for a year now. To be honest it was super painful at first, but now I barely feel it at all!

I HATE HATE HATE hair removal. Plus those pesky in growns. Disgusting.

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

what on earth is an epilator? are they expensive? do they work?

posted over 9 years ago

Lollidella
Style_council
Lollidella

It might sound weird, but I actually like shaving my legs. It’s probably for the same reason I enjoy vacuuming. I like having control over it and seeing the before and after difference. Plus, legs are pretty resilient things. It’s easy to do without hurting yourself. Sure, it can get annoying, but I wouldn’t count it any less “annoying” than getting dressed in the morning. It’s just routine.

posted over 9 years ago

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

There are wax kits you can buy at a drugstore. They are pretty effective and you get used to the sting after awhile. :P

posted over 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Whether or not your hair darkens after shaving just depends on how you go about shaving (and also genetics, whic determines your hairiness as well…oh genes). I really wouldn’t recommend waxing, at least not in the summer. There’s too much wait time in between. I’m looking for an alternate to shaving my legs as well because my skin is pretty sensitive and shaving doesn’t help that at all. T-T

Is there a Nair-esque hair-removal product that doesn’t smell chemical-y and is (relatively) gentle on the skin? I haven’t tried anything of the sort in years, so I’m quite out of the loop.

posted over 9 years ago

nay_myquel
Style_council
nay_myquel

i use Veet && it works great..you dont have to worry bout cutting yourself shaving and its less expensive then waxing..use it every week && no your hair wont get darker..

posted over 9 years ago

hersweetdisposition
Style_council
hersweetdisp...

i hear that veet works great — i’ll have to try it out this summer!

posted over 9 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

i hate shaving as well and might try veet.

posted over 9 years ago

twilightgalaxy
Style_council
twilightgalaxy

if you are willing to spend money, get laser hair removal done. I have been getting it done on my body and its working wonderfully.

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password