Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Humming
Style_council
Humming

Hi chictopians,
this weekend I’m buying a new wardrobe. It will be two meters tall and one meter wide. I have a huge amount of stuff and lots of bits and pieces – do any of you have advice for the most practical layout?! If you have a great wardrobe, I’d love to see a pic..
Thanks in advance!

posted almost 8 years ago
urbanbohemianluv
Style_council
urbanbohemia...

For organization you should organize your wardrobe by colors and seasons. i Find that it really helps me when Im in a hurry.

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Im unsure of where you live but if you go on the Ikea website, you can make an example of what you would be interested in. Thats what I’m using to turn a bedroom into a walk in closet.

Humming
Style_council
Humming

@Urban – yes! That’s a good idea. I’m not smart at culling my wardrobe for the seasons. There are so many pieces that I think, no, it could come in handy. But.. I have to be stricter with myself.

@ Red – Yes, I used the Ikea ideas to help me. A walk in closet!! That would be fantastic. Good luck with it! (post pics!)

I’m really looking for ideas for where to put belts, and bracelets, and well, everything. I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing.

Humming
Style_council
Humming

I have my clothes in PILES.Anyone want to show a photo of their wardrobe?

hpbburd95
Style_council
hpbburd95

I have yet to organize my wardrobe! But, I feel that if I really wanted to have something that was very functional, going by season and color would be the best layout.

Humming
Style_council
Humming

Season and colour! Yes. I’ve been researching the latest autumn looks and I’m getting more confident to put some things away.

It’s really challenging.

Thanks for your help.

Humming
Style_council
Humming

Gilrs! I buy it tomorrow! Does anyone have a great layout? Photos? Thanks!!!

claudiakate
New_user claudiakate is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When claudiakate reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
claudiakate

I organise mine by having seperate piles for day tops, going out tops, knitwear, jumpers, vest tops, shorts etc. then colour coordinate dresses and other clothes that need to be hung up :)

Humming
Style_council
Humming

Thanks ck!

roxx_lady
Style_council
roxx_lady

My wardrobe is organized by the type of clothing. Not in any coordinate colors or anything! If you like coordinating the colors then you should do that! It might be a toughy to keep up though. /: SO I organize mine by blazers, then shirts & blouses, & pants & skirts from left of the closet to the right. :) I hope I helped somewhat!!

Humming
Style_council
Humming

Thanks Roxx! I’m going to post pic when I’m done! :)

Mer_Mt
New_user Mer_Mt is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Mer_Mt reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Mer_Mt

i like to arrange mine by colors and styles ;)

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I would check out videos on youtube. They helped me a lot with thinking outside the box with turning one of the rooms in my apartment into a closet/office. Especially Dulcecandy87, she has some great stuff.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password