Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BradleighJewel
New_user BradleighJewel is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When BradleighJewel reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
BradleighJewel

I really want to buy items at thrift shores, but is it gross?

posted about 8 years ago
1 3
SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I feel like I always see people getting super awesome cute things from thrift stores but the thrift stores by my house don’t have anything that fits me or that’s even cute so I have yet to have a successful thrift store visit

posted over 6 years ago

CiaraBaron
Style_council
CiaraBaron

It definitely isn’t gross! Be prepared to rifle around, there won’t be stacks of all the same garment, you need to look at every item!
If you feel like it’s a little bit gross just wash the clothes a few times before you wear them!
Personally I love thrift stores- guilt free shopping.

posted over 6 years ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

the clothes must look clean -no stains. watch out for tears in the fabric. wash before you put on.
try a different neighborhood if you dont want to be seen around yours walking in one.
start with something small, like accessories – rings, earrings, necklaces?

posted over 6 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

some of them are really dirty,sometimes in flea markets are much more cleaner,i wash the clothes sometimes more than once anyway

posted over 6 years ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

not at all! some store even carry new items. just make sure that whenever you buy thrifted items, check for rips, holes, or stains. most of the time you should be in the clear because stores pre-screen items before they put them on the racks, but you never know!

posted almost 6 years ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

not at all! some store even carry new items. just make sure that whenever you buy thrifted items, check for rips, holes, or stains. most of the time you should be in the clear because stores pre-screen items before they put them on the racks, but you never know!

lauren_elzi
Style_council
lauren_elzi

It usually depends on the store and their policies. If you want to get into thrifting, try to find a higher-end consignment shop in your area. They usually make sure that items are practically new.

1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password