Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

so, the title says it all really…
I’m off to spend a day in London in exactly one month from today to celebrate my 16th birthday. Does anybody know any good places to shop?
I’m considering skipping Oxford street, because I live just next to Cardiff and the shops are pretty similar.
So far on my list to visit is -
Covent Gardens
Brick Lane & Beyond Retro

any advice?

thank you in advance(: xo

posted over 10 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Covent garden is great, it’s got a nice mix of designer, high street thrift stores and little boutiques.
Oxford street is worth going to because even if the high street stores are the same there’s still cool designer shopping and department stores like Selfridges and Liberty (though Liberty is just around the corner on Regents street).

posted over 10 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

carnaby street, camden town, portobello market and king’s road are all good.

OOH! and go to the abercrombie and fitch store — not to buy anything, to gawp at the insanely hot boys. every so often they’re half naked, it’s quite awesome !

posted over 10 years ago

hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

Definitely Covent Garden, I love it! Annd I’ve yet to visit Beyond Retro so I’ll be going there too on my next trip!

I love london so much, I can’t stop going & there’s so much I’ve yet to discover either!

But yes, deffo Covent Garden & around Neal’s Yard and such. Rokit is there, which is a vintage store and wasn’t bad last time I went in. There’s also a UO, I think, and an AA..and lots more.

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

There’s an AA in Covent Garden? I never knew that. Obviously I never came across it. Rokit is cool though, if you’re going to go there give yourself a decent amount of time to be able to look through everything, I was there for quite a while. UO is definetly in Covent Garden too.

posted over 10 years ago

hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

As far as I know? I could be dreaming this but I think it’s near the Mac shop?

I think it’s on Neal Street :D

posted over 10 years ago

_Sionainn
Style_council
_Sionainn

you definatley don’t want to miss out on camden town. make sure to weave around the back of the stables and explore, that way you’ll find all the hidden vintage and kitsch shops there. plus, it always smells like chinese takeaway around there so bring some change for noodles!

posted over 10 years ago

MelissaRose55
Style_council
MelissaRose55

I lived there for 6 months, and it was AWESOME! Make sure you go to Camden Market and Portobello Road Market!

posted over 10 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

Carnaby Street is my favourite street in the world! There’s a fabulous shop on it called B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful – it’s Lush’s sister company and it’s beyond fabulous.

posted over 10 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

^ I don’t think that’s there anymore. It wasn’t the last time I was there anyway. There is one in covent garden though.

posted over 10 years ago

frankalank
Style_council
frankalank

Definitely swing by Carnaby St and go to Beyond Retro and Brick Lane, essential for vintage lovers. If not Covent Garden is beautiful and theres loads of acts there everyday although the shops are specified and non fashion on the most part. I still recommend.

posted over 10 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

covent garden is, for the most part, stupid expensive. but if you’re going round London then it’s pretty fun to go there and people watch and stuff.

posted over 10 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

ahh thank you everybody for the advice! I ended up having an amazing day in London! I made it to Brick Lane (to the horror of the friends I brought with me who for some reason find vintage really weird because ‘somebody might have died in that’) ugh.
so yeah, we went half way up brick lane but we ran out of time before we got to beyond retro! but I did pick up an amazing purple suede skirt in rokit! then we went to covent garden and I agree with bitchtits, people watching was amazing! i think people thought i was creepy haha! and I totally fell in love with american apparel!!
but i am so going back to london just to spend a whole day exploring brick lane!

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password