SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

We’ve all gone on trips – but what’s the worst thing that’s happened to you on a trip? I’d love to hear – it just might save us all from facing the same problem when we each travel ourselves!

posted almost 8 years ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

My advice to anyone would be take the aisle seat – unless you a very strong bladder or like to be seated away from the aisle. It was uncomfortable for me, especially when I wanted to get up and strech my legs or go to the bathroom lol Oh, and bring good headphones! Babies are cute, but they drive you crazy on a plane :P

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

When I went to South Korea, I took the hydrofoil ferry boat from Japan. The boat has 2-meter high runners that are supposed to boost it over the waves for a smooth ride, but on this day it was storming so the waves were over 3 meters high. Everyone was throwing up due to motion-sickness, including me, for the entire three-hour journey. Then I arrived and boarded a train where I couldn’t get a seat and had to stand up for the whole three-hour ride (still smelling of vomit and all /-:). And finally, because of a confusing address I couldn’t find my hostel and no one I could find who spoke English knew where it was either, so I ended up wandering around the neighborhood in the dark looking down every alleyway until I finally found it, dragging my luggage all the way.

After all that, a travel frustration like a flight delay or temporarily lost luggage seems like a dream, lol.

AmandaPhenomenon
Style_council
AmandaPhenom...

In Berlin, we were in a cab and it was probably 4 in the morning. Our cab driving keeps asking us if we want to play a game and syaing he will be nice to us. Thank goodness I spoke a bit of German or I feel like we would have ended up tied to a wall in someone’s basement.

posted over 7 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I was in Italy on a school trip, and we were having our first dinner in Rome together. There was a gang of french high school students there and they literally “boooo!”‘d all the girls in our group with brown hair as we walked by, and clapped for the ones with blonde hair. I’ve never been so insulted my whole life. Later that night there was a different group of solely french boys who kept coming onto our floor and asking to have sex. I was shocked.

posted over 7 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I was a plane going to Florida I think and it started dropping in the sky several times, maybe 10 feet at a time. We had to turn around right away. We weren’t even in the sky for more than 20 minutes. When we landed again there were all kinds of fire engines and ambulances waiting. I guess something was very wrong with the plane. It was pretty scary!

posted over 7 years ago

JonathanRogers
New_user JonathanRogers is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When JonathanRogers reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
JonathanRogers

When in New York City, it’s a very common rule to watch out for traffic. This still counts even if you’ve gotten the “OK” signal to cross a street of course. I was on a trip up there one day and as I was crossing the street, a taxi kinda just comes out of nowhere and proceeds to run over my luggage, missing me by just a few inches. Look both ways when you cross the street… always! :]

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password