SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

which of the hawaii islands would you visit? I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I hear different things about the islands, which are better than others. More to do on certain ones, some are loaded with tourists. The best places to site-see. Does anyone have a favorite island?

posted about 8 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

It depends on how long you stay and what you’re looking for. Oahu is fun because that’s where all the tourists go—there’s definitely more of that postcard Hawaiian feel (i.e. the leis, hula skirts, etc). If you want beautiful national parks and scenery, go to the big island :) if you have the chance, definitely visit more than one!
we rented a house up in Molokai for three weeks, but the island was sooo small it got boring after the first week :P you could drive from the longest end of the island to the other side in less than an hour, and there were only a handful of residents. There’s a few macadamia farms, a beautiful forest and a steep cliff that leads into a historical area (where all the lepers used to be sent)—but that’s honestly about it. Maybe worth a day’s visit max.

posted almost 8 years ago

GigiLamour
Style_council
GigiLamour

Maui :)

lilysavoy
Style_council
lilysavoy

I went to Oahu for the first time for a week. I’d definitely recommend starting there since it’s more geared towards tourists. You can also take a plane to any of the other islands and I think it takes like 30 minutes, so they’re all fairly close.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password